The last post was actually written last night but I hadn’t transfered all the pictures to my computer yet so it was posted this morning. Last night I worked on the second roof. I did a better job on this one. Imagine that, experience helps. 🙂
I did start for the ridge of the roof this time, and it helped a lot. I first bent the ridge line using a board as a guide (I did this the last time too, but started at the bottom of the roof). This helped to make a straight ridge line. I then folded the sides under and attached them, followed by the bottom. Even without glue, it looked pretty good. I used super glue however to make sure that the seam stayed down. The super glue worked much better than the other glue I had tried, mainly because it dries so fast. Nothing had the chance to come apart while drying. The fact that everything laid flat was also a big help. 🙂 As I mentioned before, I am not worried about the first roof leaking, I just don’t like that its not perfect. This one I am much happier to claim as my handiwork.
The roofs are done! 🙂 Going forward, I need to cut the entrances and slots to receive the roof ridge pole in the end pieces, then I am ready to assemble. I am hoping to have it all assembled and ready to paint by Sat. night. We shall see.